Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, and mobile devices.
2. Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
5. Maintains system documentation
6. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
7. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
13. Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
1. 2 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
2. Must possess and maintain a Secret clearance.
3. In support of the requirement, the employee must have and maintain the CompTIA Security+ CE Certification. Alternative IAT level II certifications also accepted.
1. Experience with VMWare View Technology.
2. Experience working with VMware App Volumes.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
4. Knowledge of related hardware and software.
5. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.