Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
System Administrator II (CLC 14)
Transform technology into opportunity as a System Administrator II with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a System Administrator II you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on System Administrator II joining our team to apply an intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks.
HOW A SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR II WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
● Assists with routine technical support in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures
● Helps troubleshoot system hardware and software issues
● Helps to ensure that performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users
● Maintains an organization's computer systems' workflows and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, including fixing network issues along with updating equipment and software
● Assists with basic hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: AA/AS, Azure Administrator, Security Cert
● Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Intermediate level of experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks
● Security Clearance Level: SECRET
● Required Skills and Abilities: Assists with monitoring and tuning of systems to achieve optimum performance levels
● Preferred Skills: Assist end users on the proper use of hardware and software
● Location: On Customer Site
● US Citizenship Required - CLEARANCE
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M or otherwise stated in SPIN-C or individual task order. The contractor is expected to have, but is not limited to, the following IT certificate:
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Server or equivalent
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Must have intermediate level of experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium networks. This experience must include administrating corporate or business’ user accounts managing mail servers, printer servers, WWW servers. Experience in systems management, monitoring and sustainment; hardware repair for servers, PCs, peripheral equipment; software installation, maintenance and sustainment.
Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting military networks to include:
• Microsoft Enterprise Server 2008/2012 or later version
• Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 (or later version) and other mail applications (local and remote)
• Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012 or later version
• Network Server Backup
• DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Domain Controllers
• Site specific equipment listed in the task order
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
MCSA + Security - Microsoft
Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate - Microsoft
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.