GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area serving various DHS agencies.
Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
We are looking for a talented and experienced UNIX/Linux Engineer and administrator to join our Hosting Services team on an IT operations project supporting DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide engineering support for large enterprise Unix and Linux based environment. Candidate will be responsible for designing, configuration, and installation support for large enterprise UNIX environment hosted on premise and in the cloud.
This position works under the general guidance of the Hosting Services Task Lead, in a Agile. DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Configure and install UNIX systems supporting various Linux and UNIX operating systems in a physical and virtualized environment.
* Set up configurations for applications and services hosted on UNIX & Linux environment
* Configure availability services and develop scripts and packages
* Support patching and build standard images
* Guide the work of junior technical staff. Work with program and technical staff in all aspects of daily work. Help the task Lead in planning
* Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
* Responsible for operational availability of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
* Help task lead and management in planning and building windows infrastructure supporting COOP & DR plans
* Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.,
* Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
* 5+ years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale Unix environments with virtualization including RedHat, CentOS, and SPARC Solaris
* 5+ years’ experience testing large scale UNIX and virtual environments.
* Experience performing a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN, NAS and Storage operations, backup operations, and virtualization software such as VMware’s vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V on a set of enterprise-level IT systems.
* 3+ years’ experience writing scripts with a scripting language, with knowledge of ANSIBLE, and Middleware ( Oracle Application Server, Apache Servers)
* Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
* Familiarity with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
* US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
* Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
* Experience using ServiceNow in a Tier 1 - 4 support support environment
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
* Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
* Embrace and embody GDIT’s of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.