Position is in support of Naval Air Systems Command, PMA-232 Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Program. Position provides support to the E-2 FMS multiple countries. Mid level logistics and support customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, configuration, maintenance and/or repair activities. Provide proactive DMSMS management best practices, synergies, and standardization through education, training, and outreach in DoD and industry. Provide DMSMS management to identify issues resulting from obsolescence, loss of manufacturing sources, or material shortages; to assess the potential for negative impacts on schedule and/or readiness; to analyze potential mitigation strategies; and then to implement the most cost-effective method.
1. Assists with analyzing contractual commitments, customer specifications, and related information to identify, document, and resolve maintenance and support requirements.
2. Performs administrative and analytical tasks in support of a contract program.
3. Assists in developing plans, including budgets and schedules, and monitoring tasks, to meet contractual/project requirements for assigned program.
4. Assists senior personnel in establishing and defining logistic requirements.
5. Interacts regularly with customers and other industry representatives to ensure conformance to customer requirements.
6. Draft program correspondence and handle the administration of logistics letters.
7. Draft meeting minutes for various logistics and program meetings.
8. Assists with maintaining appropriate records and prepares reports for the program office.
9. Assists in the administrative additions of all program documentation and action items to the Kuwait Program Management Database.
10. Maintain the reports for government and contractor equipment.
11. Researches and identifies alternate sources for material procurements for program office. Liaisons with suppliers and equipment manufacturers as required.
12. Develops slide presentations for Program & Logistics Management Meetings.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
14. Develops logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
15. Follows established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control. Contributes to the completion of specific logistics projects. 16. Conducts supplier audits, assessments and evaluations to ensure conformance to client's quality, cost and delivery performance standards. 17. Performs demand forecasting, distribution planning, supply chain modeling and design. 18. Resolves supplier quality issues and provides appropriate support for desired supplier capability. 19. Identifies logistics opportunities for process improvements, inventory reductions, and cost savings. 20. Writes and edits the logistics policies and procedures.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 2+ years of experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.