Own your opportunity to manage the network that makes mission success possible. Make an impact by using your skills to deliver “One GDIT Network” for our clients.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Service Desk Customer Service Manager (Operations Manager) at our Rensselaer, NY location. This position will support our Customer Engagement organization. GDIT is seeking a leader who actively promotes the open expression of ideas and encourages collaboration at all levels within the organization. This candidate leverages leadership and management competencies to enhance the customer experience though continuous service improvement and fosters a high-performance culture. The Customer Service Manager applies critical thinking and attention to detail to ensure sound decision-making and management of enterprise risks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Lead and manage customer service professionals directly and/or through subordinate managers or supervisors and offers leadership, coaching, training and personnel deployment
● Proactively and consistently communicate the importance of building and fostering relationships to motivate and inspire subordinates to achieve individual and team performance objectives
● Provide overall management support and oversight of all personnel, including employees and contractors
● Pinpoint issues in business processes by examining process data and metrics
● Encourage teams to evaluate current procedures critically for efficacy, quality, and simplification
● Provide input and insight into workforce management capacity planning. Ensure future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans
● Collect, interpret and analyze data and reports to identifying patterns and trends in data sets, in order to inform business decisions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideal candidate for this role possess:
● Proficiency at articulating the connections between individual behaviors and performance metrics in one-on-one coaching sessions and team meetings
● Skills at constructing compelling development plans and providing challenging stretch goals
● An ability to communicate ideas and set clear expectations in a concise and compelling manner, using a variety of communication settings, channels and styles
● Proficiency at understanding and analyzing the operational service elements, which affect the financial performance of a program
● Demonstrated experience and proven success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining workflows and processes that yielded improvements in efficiency, customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions
●An ability and willingness to work in a high pressure, fast-paced, operational environment
You MUST have:
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
● One or more years of demonstrated experience with leading and managing teams to successfully meet or exceed performance metrics
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE
What We Offer:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
1 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.