Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. General Dynamics Information Technology plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. GDIT's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing SharePoint customer support, and SharePoint engineering support for a 24x7 service organization. This position will be responsible for first line support, user education, and administration and will take on the role of architecting, configuring, and administering the farm to ensure day-to-day operations as well as patching and server maintenance. This position is also responsible for developing SharePoint applications, integrations, and team collaboration sites.
This is a remote position.
• Document, develop, and deploy enhancement requests from users and stakeholders while adhering to SharePoint 2019 best practices.
• Plan and design improvements to SharePoint performance. Provide detailed architecture analysis, design, and direction on development activities. Design and implement integrations between SharePoint and other tools.
• Work with users to resolve any technical issues they may have and create enhancements that will better serve their needs.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to provide after-hours incident resolution.
• BS/BA or equivalent and 5 years of experience in designing and developing SharePoint applications.
• At least 2 years of experience with administering SharePoint on-premises.
• Experience working with SharePoint, SQL, SQL Server Reporting, Integration Services, Office Online Server, SharePoint Designer, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
• Experience with direct customer service is mandatory. Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively to users and team members via phone, IM, and email.
• SharePoint Business Intelligence
• ITIL Foundations
• Cloud Technologies
• SAN Storage
• Network architecture and troubleshooting
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.