Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems Engineer with a Project Management focus is needed to provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include: requirements elicitation and reviews, analysis and functional allocation, developing concepts of operation and interface specification, developing system architectures, performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end workflow and process analysis. Deliver Project Management/Integration support to awarded tasks under the ITEMS DCS contract adhering to community standards for Project Management to support the delivery, testing, analysis and deployment of new capabilities. Perform continuous status analysis and reporting to ensure a solid understanding of each project's transition status throughout the lifecycle. The candidate will also engage project stakeholders on a regular basis and work to deliver sound engineering solutions within the scope of the project. Other project integration duties as assigned.
The candidate will be required to exhibit good communication and customer support skills:
* Must demonstrate Project Management fundamentals utilizing approved tools and techniques in the execution of awarded IT activities to include scheduling, execution and monitoring/controlling
* Must be able to effectively communicate across the Program, with the client, stakeholders and with other contractors
* Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised or with a small team
* Must be a team player and be willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
* Must be able to manage priorities across multiple projects
* Must be able to work within tight schedule timelines while delivering high quality work products
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
The Systems Engineer responsibilities include:
* Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
* Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
* Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline requirements
* Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, project schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
* Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
5-10 years of related systems engineering/project management experience.
* 5+ years of experience as a Lead Systems Engineer to include experience in leading, managing, and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
* Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing architecture
* Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management - activities include user engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
*Comprehensive work experience as a Project Manager or Project Integrator with demonstrated IT history with initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing activities. Track, report and provide alternatives resulting from changes with cost, time and scope of a project.
* Verified experience managing project schedules with Microsoft Project
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
* Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
* Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0 with the ability to work across managed infrastructure services to create required architecture views
* Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
*Experience creating visualizations and analytics utilizing Tableau
*Experience creating diagrams and workflows with Microsoft Visio
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.