Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Subject Matter/ Functional Expert (NetApp):
• Serves as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives. Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology (Network Administrator/Storage).
• Coordinates with contract management and Government personnel to ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions satisfy customer needs
• Provides expert support, analysis, research, and advice into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter
• Is generally recognized as a leader in the industry in their area of expertise; sought out by others in the area of expertise for advice and guidance
• Performs highly specialized and technical tasks associated with the most current and cutting-edge technologies
• May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number projects dealing with area of technical expertise
• Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel
• Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems
• Qualifies for publishing, project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials
Desirable Skills / Experience:
• Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications like Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint
• Experienced in the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
• Experienced in routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
• High School diploma/GED with 12-years of related experience, or Associate's degree with 10-years of experience, Bachelor's degree with 8-years of experience, Master’s degree with 6-years of experience
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
• Required Baseline/Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
• Desired Computing Environment (CE) certification: NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIP) or NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
• TS/SCI required
• Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Security+ (issued before 01/01/2011) - CompTIA
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.