This position entails performing quality control reviews of scientific documents on a variety of biomedical topics. The Scientific Content QC Editor will collaborate closely with scientific and non-scientific staff to produce scientific documents for delivery to our clients.
Primary job function will be ensuring the quality of all scientific content of documents prepared by other team members with a focus on clarity, accuracy, completeness and consistency while maintaining compliance with client requirements for all our deliverables. May perform other related duties as required or assigned and provide writing and editorial support as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the science or health publications field. We are looking for biomedical scientists with at least 2 years of scientific/technical writing and/or editing experience. MS degree required; Ph.D. preferred in biomedical/life sciences. Candidates should be willing to accept challenges and work collaboratively with colleagues from diverse cross-functional teams. Candidates should be able to prioritize the workload to ensure deliverables are completed on- time and meet or exceed our company's quality standards.
• Minimum of a Master's degree in a biomedical field; (PhD preferred)
• At least 2 years of scientific/technical writing and/or editorial experience in the life sciences or medical technology industries (candidate may be required to supply 1-2 examples of previous scientific/ technical writing or editorial work)
•Proven track record of on-time delivery of high-quality technical/scientific publications
• Superior writing skills with full grasp of grammar, spelling and style rules, compliance with quality standards guidelines and factual accuracy
• Expert MS Office skills with a specific focus on word processing, formatting, tables, graphics, slides and templates
• Ability to successfully manage simultaneous tasks/projects to completion within prescribed deadlines and with meticulous attention to detail
• Goals/results oriented and thrives in a fast paced and matrixed environment. Able to work independently
• Ability to work collaboratively and to effectively maintain positive working relationships with colleagues from diverse professional backgrounds
•Excellent time management skills and ability to work several projects in parallel
•Excellent communication, technical writing, and interpersonal skill
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $43.10 - $71.97, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.