GDIT is currently seeking a Software Engineer to provide technical support for a new program that provides agency-wide Enterprise IT support. The Software Engineer will serve as part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, responsible for delivering and maintaining the next generation of operating system platforms.
• Analyze design and develop tests and test-automation suites
• Design and develop a processing platform using various configuration management technologies
• Test software development methodology in an agile environment
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing operating systems and platforms
• Collaborate cross-functionally with project managers and other engineers to achieve effective solutions
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvements
• Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Support the efforts to deploy SecDevOps, Infrastructure as Code and automation efforts across the service area
o Bachelor’s Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
o Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting software in MS Windows and cloud based (AWS & Azure) environments
o Experience with virtualization and containerization
o Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies
o Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
o Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
o Detailed knowledge of relevant government regulations and standards
o Possess an active TS/SCI security clearance, with Full-Scope Polygraph We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.