Storage Engineers performs tier three storage support in accordance with the SIEOPORD.
Candidates must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge in facilitating and leadingthe engineering of data storage in their organization. This includes creating effective storage strategies with the help of information technology (IT) specialists. Storage Engineers focuson making data storage accessible in a controlled and securedmanner.
Typical duties include:
• Designing the concepts and processes, related to resource allocation management
• Evaluating the input and output of systems, as well as their overall architecture, to recommend improvements
• Designing disaster recovery plans and enforcing backup and archive procedures.
• Designing and implementing solutions for data storage and maintenance
• Upgrading software, applying patches, and ensuring the physical security of data
• Creating specific reports and metrics for performance and data usage using office automation applications
Educational Requirement: None
• SNIA Certified Information Architect (SCIA) OR SNIA Certified Storage Architect (SCSA) OR equivalent vendor certification
• At least eight years of experience in an engineering or storage capacity management role is a plus.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.