REQ#: RQ75841 VDI Systems Engineer (TS/SCI CI Poly required) (Open)
Travel Required: 10-25%
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
Contributes to the completion of major engineering programs and may function in a project leadership role.
General Dynamics Information Technology has an immediate opportunity for VDI Systems Engineer with the following duties and responsibilities included (but not limited to):
· Participates in designing and defining system architecture for new or existing VDI computer systems.
· Analyze users requirements concept of operations documents and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
· Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities for the VDI environment.
· Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
· Provide technical leadership for the integration of VDI requirements, design, and technology.
· Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
· Develop VDI system architecture and system design documentation.
· Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
· Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
· Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
· Communicate with other program personnel.
· Contributes to completion of specific engineering programs and projects.
· Develops solutions to a variety of complex engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity.
· Performs complex systems design, development, and integration from the start of a systems life cycle to the end.
· Oversight of complex infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
· Performs complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
· Performs continual maintenance and provides complex solutions for security, backup and redundancy problems.
· Prepares and maintains a range of documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects.
· May provide guidance to less-experienced Systems Engineers.
· Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology.
· May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
Position requires a TS/SCI (DCID 6/4 eligible) clearance is required for this position. The candidate also needs to be willing to take a CI polygraph. Employment will be contingent until candidate is deemed eligible for SAP access by the government customer.
CompTIA IAT II Certification required.
Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Ability to translate conceptual requirements into business and functional requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.