In support of a DoD customer, the network engineer provides network design and engineering support services for a DoD intelligence customers TPED architecture. Also performs the following duties:
• Provide engineering designs, and plans for installation, integration, testing, upgrade, analysis, and maintenance/expansion of the network environment.
• Prepare network engineering documentation ranging from requirements, conceptual planning, research and development efforts, complete system construction, to customization of existing network configurations.
• Assist in investigating, evaluating, and proposing new network systems and upgrades/modifications to existing resources that would increase capabilities, efficiency, reliability, and cost savings. Assist in developing plans for integrating network systems to include implementation schedule, costing, and resource requirements.
• Perform network-engineering studies on communication paths for deployed systems. Perform studies to determine requirements for bandwidth, data throughput, security, and reliability to support SCS/ATI missions.
• Develop/update technical manuals or standard operating procedures as required.
• Develop/implement network communications paths for remote data sources.
• Design detailed installation documentation for partner and customer installations.
• May perform special project or duties as required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.