GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS’s biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS’s strategic mission. GDIT’s O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we’re there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world’s biggest challenges.
Contract requires US Citizenship and must be able to obtain a public trust.
GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to support operations and maintenance of a biometric matching subsystem application tier in production and non-production environments. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reliability engineering for a large-scale biometric matching subsystem
• Working with stakeholders, developers, and vendor to identify causes of system/code issues and work towards the resolution of identified issues
• Deploying code and maintaining baseline across multiple environments
• Working with security team on an on-going basis to ensure compliance with DHS security standards
• Serving as an incident responder in an on-call rotation.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Experience with JBoss/WildFly
Red Hat / Linux shell scripting
• Bachelors degree and 5+ years experience in relevant fields
• Experience in application server administration
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain/maintain Final Suitability
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Master Degree in systems engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
• 8+ years of related experience
• Working knowledge with Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Fusion Middleware administration, managing multiple application domains and setting and configuring multiple authenticators
• Working knowledge with TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS)
• Configuration management experience using automated tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
• Working knowledge with web services
• Working knowledge with Git/GitHub
• Developing SQL scripts
• Developing Jython scripts
• Experience with network administration and troubleshooting
• Working knowledge with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager, setting up and configuring VIPs and server pools and developing and configuring iRules
• Working knowledge with ServiceNow ITSM
• Excellent communication skills
• Certification in any of the following is desired: ITIL Foundation, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The likely salary range for this position is $76,000 - $114,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.