AEGIS Combat Systems
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
At GDIT people are our differentiator. As a Training Specialist Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Training Specialist Senior joining our team to perform duties as an AEGIS Fire Controlman (FCA) or Operational Specialist (OS) with ACTS, BFTT, or ATD experience at SCSTC Detachment Southwest-San Diego, CA with technical proficiency in the AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS) and Battle Force Tactical Trainer (BFTT). Advanced Training Domain (ATD) operator is also preferred.
1. Knowledgeable on Embedded Training Systems (ETS) to include ACTS, BFTT and ATD in support of Advanced Warfare Training (AWT), including ETS Self-Assessment Groom Training (SAGT), Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) Phase II and III, Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Phase II and III, and Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD).
2. Candidate develops, organizes, and conducts technical and tactical training necessary to meet TYCOM CRUDES training requirements.
3. Provides preventive and corrective maintenance assessment and training of the AEGIS Weapon System (AWS), AEGIS Combat System (ACS), and Embedded Training Systems (ETS).
4. Conducts both classroom and hands-on training for technicians and tacticians from surface combatants in the operation and maintenance of the AEGIS Weapon System (AWS), AEGIS Combat System (ACS), and Embedded Training Systems (ETS).
5. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives.
6. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
7. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
8. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
9. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
10. May provide work leadership for lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
Three (3) years of experience with the required system or process as either a maintenance technician or operator with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in an apprentice level training environment. Of the three years, one (1) year experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Past experience as a trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU/ATG is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while training.
Desired NECs FCA V60A, FCA V57A, FCA V55A, FCA V49A, FCA V48A, FCA V45A, FCA V44A, FCA V42A, FCA V37A, FCA V36A, FCA V68A, FCA V69A, FCA V72A, FCA V75A, OS W18A, OS W20A.
Desired (not required) technician with Navy Instructor NEC 9502.
Travel may be required up to 20 percent of the time. Must be in physical condition to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
The likely salary range for this position is $64,000 - $96,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.