Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Designs and develops instructional approaches and interactive courseware to meet training requirements. Supports training and educational programs for sailors in support of SCSTC Learning Sites; Detachments; and other designated training locations.
Primary responsibilities: provide analysis, development and maintenance of training systems in support of initial, replacement and conversion curricula. Courseware shall be prepared to encompass hands on, laboratory training and performance testing of trainees. Assist in the development of group-paced instructional materials for the Surface Combat System in accordance with Navy curriculum development standards and guidelines; advising Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on development procedures and formatting and evaluating curricula documents and instructional delivery procedures to include technical writing/editing of Navy documentation and curriculum.
1. Use of AIM II 5.0; AIM Content Planning Module (CPM); AIM Learning Objective (LO) Module; and NETC Course Development and Revision End-to-End Process.
2. Assist in the facilitation of Subject Matter Expert (SME) Workshops conducted for the purpose of identifying and validating job duties and tasks; as well as ascertaining numerous task attributes that are essential for developing learning objectives and curriculum.
3. Individual will record all data in CPM.
4. Assist with developing a Training Situation Analysis; Training Systems Analysis; and Front-End Analysis in order to maintain a life-cycle process comparing JDTA data to existing Course Training Task Lists (CTTL) and learning objectives to identify training gaps or deficiencies.
5. Assist in the development of instructional approaches and interactive courseware to meet training requirements.
6. Prepare and deliver new training materials as specified in the Training Project Plan (TTP) in accordance with NAVEDTRA 130 (series).
7. Conducts analysis of training requirements and media requirements.
8. Provide feedback and tracking of items completion, conduct training analysis; review the course safety plan.
9. Ensures integrity of task analysis; training requirements; training hierarchies; instructional materials; and evaluation plans.
10. Participate in the evaluation of future training requirements.
11. Interacts with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience.
Three (3) years of experience in established training methods, techniques and tools in order to develop and maintain training courses and materials, and evaluating training programs. Of the three years, two (2) years of experience in instructional technology, i.e., interactive courseware, PC-Simulation, Computer Assisted Instruction, video-tele training and computer-based training to determine best alternative for delivery of training.
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.