Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Senior PostgreSQL DBA
HOW THE PostgreSQL DBA WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
· Install, configure, administer, and patch PostgreSQL database
· Experience with Enterprise Database Postgres Distributed Bi-Directional Replication a plus
· Maintain data integrity and database performance, stability, and scalability. Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning and application design and debugging.
· Proactivity monitor the health of databases and make recommendations to optimize performance and efficiency.
· Collaborate with various teams in tuning and load testing of mission-critical database systems.
· Comply with Department of Defense (DOD) database security standards.
· Document database administration and management related processes and procedures.
· Provide support to the application developers, including, but not limited to data refresh, PL/pgSQL performance tuning, and best practice recommendations.
· Automate database administration and maintenance activities.
· Support off-hours and weekend releases and emergency production issues as needed
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
· Education: Bachelor's Degree
· Required Experience:
o 4+ years of professional PostgreSQL DBA experience in DOD production environments on mission-critical systems
o 6+ years of hands-on database administration experience using an enterprise RDBMS, such as Microsoft SQL Server
· Required Technical Skills:
o Advanced understanding of database backup and recovery strategies.
o Advanced understanding of high availability solutions and strategies.
o Proficient with SQL and performance tuning. Create indices and perform database tuning in line with application performance requirements.
o Proficient with SQL and performance tuning. Create indices and perform
· Security Clearance Level: Active Top Secret with SCI Eligibility
· Required Skills and Abilities:
o Ability to work independently in a team environment
o Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills
o Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems
o Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
o Ability to work effectively with dynamic environment with changes in priorities and aggressive deadlines
· Location: On Customer Site, Washington, DC. No remote work option.
4 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.