Join General Dynamic Information Technology’s (GDIT’s) Growth Division and help lead Architecture and Engineering efforts for the GDIT Emerge Labs capability. As the Lab Systems Architect you will develop and validate lab requirements and system architectures. You will work with our datacenter infrastructure team as well as our solution architects, consultants, and partners to deliver, manage and maintain a modern lab experience. You will document and build capabilities in our lab environment that support the GDIT Solution Portfolio as well as bid and program efforts.
This is a critical and senior role with broad responsibilities from Architecture & Design to Operations, Maintenance & Sustainment (OM&S) of the lab environment. A successful candidate will have broad Enterprise IT experience in Networking, System Design, OM&S, Cybersecurity, and Cloud capabilities with a track record of rapidly learning and integrating new technologies where reference designs may not exist.
Primary duty location is at our Chantilly and Falls Church Virginia offices.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Lead the development of functional and business requirements for the GDIT Emerge Labs
· Lead the design and review of lab architectures that meet or exceed requirements
· Document, build and deploy technical solutions in support of the GDIT Solution Portfolio and approved GDIT Solution Projects
· Coordinate with GDIT Solution Architects, Consultants and our technology partners to integrate new technologies within the lab that represent our technical points of view
· Help build and manage technical capability demonstrations for internal and external audiences
· Preform OM&S duties for lab and solution demonstration capabilities
· Represent and brief lab capabilities to senior leadership, partners, and customers
Help GDIT to stand out in this highly-competitive and opportunity-rich market!
Basic Desired Qualifications
· BA/BS and 20 or more years of experience with Enterprise IT System Engineering & Architecture; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; certifications, education, and work history may be considered in lieu of years of experience
· Expertise managing and delivering multi-tenant lab or production Enterprise IT environments
· Expertise in System and Network virtualization technologies to include VMWare and OpenStack
· Expertise in System and Network design and documentation
· Expertise in ITIL and DevOps processes
· Ability and desire to rapidly learn new technologies where reference designs may not exist
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Desired Skills or Experience
· Relevant industry certifications such as CCIE, MCSA, ITIL, VMWare, AWS or Azure
· Experience with SDN and SD-WAN technologies
· Experience building and deploying solutions on common cloud platforms to include AWS, Azure and Google
· Experience leading matrix support teams
· Experience giving technical demonstrations to senior technology leaders
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.