The Aegis Technical Operator/Trainer performs the duties and responsibilities of a Contractor Test Director (TD) for the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) Wallops Island during the conduct of operational or Systems testing or warfare operator training on a variety of Aegis baseline configurations. Specifically:
1. Provides advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training tactical/operational documentation military systems design or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
2. Researches, identifies, and makes recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
3. Gathers, processes, and analyzes operational data.
4. Assists with the testing and development of new systems or updates to existing systems to meet customer needs.
5. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
Ten (10) years experience onboard an Aegis Platform (Cruiser [CG], Destroyer [DDG] or Aegis Ashore Missile Defense System [AAMDS])
Four (4) years (may be concurrent) as a qualified Aegis Combat System Maintenance Manager (CSMM)
Three (3) years (may be concurrent) Technical experience; specifically on AEGIS Baselines 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x or 9.x
Experience in leading a team of technical/tactical operators engaged in the employment of Surface Weapon Systems in the support of Surface; Subsurface; Air; Strike; C4I; and Ballistic Missile Defense warfare areas as part of the Combat Systems Training Team (CSTT).
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.