- The Systems Technician provides support for the statewide network’s Video Conferencing and VoIP platforms along with secondary support of routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Configures and troubleshoots video and voice systems as directed by the engineering staff and management.
- Assists with daily trouble tickets associated with video and voice systems as well as simple routing and switching.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Networking or a related field is desired but not required.
- Candidate should show understanding of Voice over IP and Video Conferencing. Knowledge of AV equipment is useful.
- An understanding of IP networking and the basics of routing, switching and firewalling is required
- Must have the technical background and ability to self-educate and stay abreast of new networking technologies and trends.
- Requires strong customer service, presentation, and communication skills.
- Technical certifications in networking or telephony are desired but not required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.