Incumbent Requisition for CONUS HDMS. GDIT is hiring at all levels for all positions.
Job Description Summary:
GDIT is seeking a Field Service Technician, Senior in support of the IBD-SS programs. A Field Service Technician, will perform maintenance, training, and work closely with military customers. This position desires an individual who has past experience performing mechanical, electronics, and IT Networking tasks as well as skills performing installs, de-installs, testing systems and components, and performing Preventive Maintenance actions on a variety of systems belonging to the Elevated Sensors family of systems to include BETSS-C, Cerberus, RDISS, Radar, PTP radio, television and other communications & surveillance equipment components. A strong background in IT networks and Network Security is also desired. CONUS training in various locations will be required prior to deployment.
· Must be capable of performing analyses of system operations
· Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components
· Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components
· Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards
· Performs sustainment and PMCS maintenance on the towers and payloads
· Performs site surveys to determine type and placement of systems
· Installs and de-installs systems and their components and trains operators and end users
· Updates databases, informs Lead of job status and any issues encountered
· Tracks and updates work orders to include the replacement of parts component serial numbers removed and replaced
· May travels via military/commercial conveyances to outlying areas
· Skilled using hand tools, power tools, and electronics measuring and test equipment
· Ability to perform minor maintenance on generators such as changing oil and filter
· Must have the ability to generate/produce data and reports
· Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and peers
· Must be able to withstand physical demands of seasonal hot or cold temperatures and willing to live and operate in an austere environment
· Must be willing to support up to an 84-hour Extended Work Week
· Must be capable of meeting standards of fitness for deployment to the SWA of Operations
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, and be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
· Relevant and recent experience supporting Force Protection systems is highly desirable
· Experience with RAID sensor systems to include Aerostats
· Experience with BETSS-C suite of systems to include FPS, RDISS, and Cerberus
· Ability to train operators in the use and maintenance of RAID and BETSS-C systems
· Experience with FLIR Star Safire sensors
· Experience utilizing COLTS (or similar such as RCLS) and operating within the GCSS-A environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Import/Export (ITAR/EXIM) compliance experience
· Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment
· Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
Education Required, Requirements will Vary Based on LCAT Role.
Minimum of AA/AS with 3+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. (6 total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
· Ability to attain US Secret security clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.