The safety of our employees is a top priority for GDIT. We are monitoring Hurricane Ian and its potential impact to our employees and operations in Florida and surrounding areas.
As we monitor the storm’s path, employees should put safety first when determining whether it is safe to commute to or from work. Please follow the direction of local authorities and check this site for updates.
• Hurricane Preparedness and Recovery
• Hurricane Safety Checklist
• Power Outage Preparedness
• Flooding Preparedness
To find a safe place to stay, listen to local officials for evacuation guidance or call 211. You can also visit redcross.org or view open shelters through the Red Cross Emergency app.
• Local Red Cross Locator
• Local Salvation Army Locator
• Florida Shelters
• Florida Road Closures and Evacuations
• Florida Power Outages
• Florida Division of Emergency Management
• United Way of Central Florida and Heart of Florida United Way
• Georgia Shelters
• Georgia Road Closures
• Georgia Power Outages
• Georgia Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
• United Way of the Coastal Empire and United Way of Northeast Georgia
• South Carolina Shelters
• South Carolina Road Closures
• South Carolina Power Outages
• South Carolina Emergency Management Division
• United Way Association of South Carolina
• Temporary Cash Assistance
• Verizon Unlimited Talk/Text/Data Offered to Postpaid and Prepaid Customers
Customers do not have to take any action to take advantage of the offer and can verify eligibility for call/text/data relief by entering their zip code here: https://www.verizon.com/featured/relief/
Wireless Emergency Communications Center are now available for community members who need access to power to stop in, use the internet, charge devices and receive communication support.
• Port Charlotte Town Center Mall, 1441 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL (open daily 10am - 6pm)
• 2525 Estero Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL (open beginning Oct 4. 8am - 5pm)
We want to account for the safety of our employees in the affected area. Contact your manager as soon as reasonably possible to report your status. If you can’t reach your manager, contact the emergency response email at emergencyresponse@GDIT.com.
Please remember an Employee Assistance Program is also available for your use. Your EAP can assist with resources to support you and your family during and after Hurricane Ian. Resources include hurricane preparation and recovery information, referrals and assistance with the following: