Training and Simulation
The trusted maritime simulator by government, commercial, and foreign allied customers, VirtualShip® is an advanced virtual reality software package to help our clients meet all their training requirements.
VirtualShip is ready to use out of the box or customizable to meet any specific client need. Fully loaded with over 300 virtual ships and 100 geographic settings, our simulation software is the go-to for maritime-environmental modeling, high-fidelity hydrodynamics, and a powerful API for seamless integration into numerous third-party systems: from flight and navigation to ship control, combat and firearms to cranes and machinery.
VirtualShip is fully-scalable and backed by the support of over 800 experts in ship design, naval architecture, and marine engineering. From full-mission to part-task simulations, it’s no wonder agencies like the US Navy, Army, Coast Guard all look to VirtualShip to meet their critical training needs.
• US Navy
• US Coast Guard
• US Army Transportation School
• Royal Navy (UK)
• Royal Netherlands Navy
• Lockheed Martin
• Massachusetts Maritime Academy
VirtualShip has over 300 types of ships, fully modeled—including naval, commercial, recreational, workboats, and remotely-piloted vessels.
Over a hundred virtual geographic areas, from Africa and Asia to Europe and the Americas.
• 6 degrees of Freedom ship models
• Propulsion, rudders, waterjets, thrusters, and Z-drives
• Radar & ARPA/AIS
• Dynamic-positioning systems and sensors
• Wind, current and wave environments
• Platform management (engineering simulation)
• Alarms & system failures
• Operation & mission rehearsal
• Bridge team resource management
• Navigation team
• Dynamic positioning
• Tactics, techniques & procedures (TTP)
• Mission rehearsal
• Force protection
• Combined firearms and combat system
• Control of unmanned/remotely-operated vehicles
• Total ship training simulators
• Small craft & boat operations