Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Primary responsibilities: Develops and conducts training and educational programs for Sailors in support of Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Pacific in San Diego, CA. Training program requires ability to conduct traditional classroom instruction and support shipboard training in port, as well as training on the operational employment of the MK160 Weapon System. Conduct Focused and Mobile Team Trainer’s and Certification’s for All Cruiser and Destroyer Platforms in the Pacific Fleet. Develop curriculum for the NSFS Courses of Instruction. Develop, Organize and Disseminate, Naval Surface Fire Support training for Fleet sailors assigned to U.S. Navy Surface Combatants. Prepare, review, and customize curriculum lesson plans and instructor guides in support of traditional classroom teaching. Document the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas /watch stations. Responsible for the generation of formal assessments measuring the success of training, via written report. Coordinate the development and delivery of complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives. Periodically review course content and objectives. Conduct training sessions and develop criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities. Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and applicable references as assigned. Update course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
Provides dynamic teaching & training as well as assessment that require intermediate knowledge of U.S. Navy Combat Systems Capabilities and Limitations to the element level.
1. Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors' abilities to comply with approved operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
2. Prepares; reviews; and customizes curriculum lesson plans and instructor guide in support of traditional classroom teaching.
3. Documents the training conducted with specifics of the individual areas / watch station and is responsible for generation of a formal assessment of measure of success via written report.
4. Teaches moderately complex Navy Combat Systems training programs and related materials in support of SURFOR training objectives.
5. Periodically reviews course content and objectives.
6. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
7. Maintains records of training activities; participant progress; and program effectiveness.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Seven (7) years of experience as a Naval Surface Fire Support team member. Utilizing the required system as either a Combat System Training Team Member or operator/ supervisor with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a journeyman level training environment. Of the seven years, one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment, to include curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
Experience as an Instructor/Trainer and/or a Master Training Specialist in support of EWTGPAC is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel will be required can be up to 20% per year.
Prior instructor duty with NEC 805A/9502 highly desired
V01A/805A-MK-160 Mod 14-16V15A/805A-MK160 MOD 11V26A/805A-MK 160 MOD 9-10V21A/805A-MK 160 MOD 8V17A/805A-MK 160 MOD 4
BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience
● Security Clearance Level: Secret ● Location: On Customer Site ●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE: ● 401K with company match ● Comprehensive health and wellness packages ● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career ● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications ● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from ● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary and Benefit Information
The likely salary range for this position is $64,000 - $96,000. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary. Rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range. View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.